Update 03/2014

I have now lived in Santiago, Chile for 4 years and love it.
If you would like to get in touch with me, I would be happy to share what I have learned and what's new.

Twitter: @zacharykreid
Facebook: Quick Me Ups
Google+: +zacharykreid



Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lo Siento por el Tiempo... Estoy en Chile!!

Hi everyone! My apologies that I haven't written... haven't had much time!! So last Saturday morning we woke up, Ivan's dad got here, we picked up Ivan's lady friend, and we were off to the beach!!

After about an hour we stopped at a smallish hut-looking restaurant on the side of the road. Ivan tells me it's pretty traditional Chilean food. I had pastel de choclo...... corn cake with meat....

It was pretty tasty.... kind of a bread bowl with corn and meat. The plate next to it was a "salad"... basically a bunch of vegetables to eat with your food. Here's a picture of me and Ivan's dad (Ivan Sr.) at lunch....

When we arrived in Maitencillo, we went straight to the beach. It was a gorgeous day and the water was nice and blue.... the view approaching the beach.....

The beach on the south side of Maitencillo:
We hung out there for a bit, then back to Ivan's family's house... they built this a while ago. They were the first family in this area, bought up some land, and built this house. After this one they built another 3 or 4 houses around and Ivan's mom (Ethel) lives in this house full time to manage the properties.... anyways it's not real big but it's cute inside and out....
Here's their puppy dog.... her name is Gringa cuz she has blonde/red hair.... so when we're together we're the Gringos in Maitencillo!!
I absolutely LOVE Ivan's family......... just as we were leaving I insisted we take a quick picture.... here's Ivan, me, Ivan Sr., and Ethel. Great people....
and just an aside... a bonus picture if you will.... on Monday Ivan and I were running errands en el centro y en un centro comercial la entcontremos esta tienda de yo! My store!!!
Ok now back to work, I'm getting ready to go to an interview today at a company so I'm off. I'll keep you posted.
Un abrazo,
Zak

3 comments:

  1. Homeboy moves to Chile and done opens up a fragrance shop!! Your life long dream come true!! ;-)

    Missing you like crazy over here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh the ocean looks gorgeous! :) And the food looks yum yum and the dog is so cute and Ivan's family seems awesome. Hooray for Chile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gringa looks just like my dog Brandy who's now in doggie heaven...brings back so many memories! xoxo Donna Ng

    ReplyDelete