Update 03/2014

I have now lived in Santiago, Chile for 4 years and love it.
If you would like to get in touch with me, I would be happy to share what I have learned and what's new.

Twitter: @zacharykreid
Facebook: Quick Me Ups
Google+: +zacharykreid



Friday, February 19, 2010

Updates from the Southern Hemisphere....

....Maitencillo....
Hola hola.... back from another weekend at the beach!!

Soooo... I'm learning about this blogging business as I go. And one thing I've just realized is that I've uploaded quite a few pictures for your viewing pleasure buuut.... they're pretty much all landscapes, sunsets, and food. I'm starting to realize the interesting ones usually have a person or two in them so I'll be working on that in the future..... anyways without further ado, let's recap last weekend....

I met up with my friend Adriana from my time in Truckee, CA (Lake Tahoe) and we headed out to her parents (sweeeeet) beach house! Walking in the front door, you come around a corner and this is the view:
view from the porch:


We hung around for a bit, then headed down to a beach north of Maitencillo, in a town called Zapallar. There are trees around this beach and it was absolutely gorgeous......



Adri and I in Zapallar:

Me just living it up at the beach!
After the beach, heading up the hill, we ran into this little church, I thought it was a pretty neat building..... well kept too I might add......

and absolutely starving after the beach I was happy to have my first Chacarero (meat, letuce, tomatoe, green beans, aji peppers).... yum!

back up to the beach house in time to catch the sun setting over the ocean....

....and lemme just say it's a good thing I eat red meat again!! Because the following day, for lunch with my Chilean family.... Ethel made Cazuela which is a kind of soupy dish with meat, potatoes, some sort of pumpkin, aji peppers..... make sure you dip some bread in that soup!! Then after this bowl we all had corn on the cob, and some traditional Chilean salad which is just tomatoe, onion, olive oil, salt.... simple but tasty!!! ....
Sunday I wanted to head down to the beach by the Rodiriguez house in Maitencillo one last time before returning to Santiago (thanks for the sweatshirt mom)....

Sunset in Maitencillo:

I was posting almost daily at the beginning, but now it's more of a weekly type publication, which is think is more reasonable to maintain....

Hope this post finds you well. I know its winter up in the states but when its summer up there it'll be winter down here, so then I'll be the one jealous of your weather.

Also I keep mentioning it to you guys but I'm really easy to get a hold of on Skype.
It's easy..... you Windows folks just head to: Skype D/L for Windows
and you Mac folks just head to: Skype D/L for Mac

If you have a laptop you probably have a built in camera w/microphone and we could talk for freee!! If you don't have a webcam I think they're only around $20 or so(?).... let me know if you have any questions about the whole Skype deal....

If you do get it all set up my Skype name is: zakareid
So just add me and we'll chat it up!!

Ok, was fun publishing this edition of Chile Weekly.
We'll talk soon!!

chau chau,
zak

No comments:

Post a Comment