Update 03/2014

I have now lived in Santiago, Chile for 4 years and love it.
If you would like to get in touch with me, I would be happy to share what I have learned and what's new.

Twitter: @zacharykreid
Facebook: Quick Me Ups
Google+: +zacharykreid



Friday, February 12, 2010

Mi Amigo Nuevo Ivan y Su Casa

Hola amigos! So a quick backstory.... when I lived in Lake Tahoe, CA, I met a bunch of Peruvians & Chileans. One of my closest friends from that trip is Macarena, but because it's summer vacation right now, she's out of the country. Fortunately, she has a brother named Ivan who lives in the city. I got in contact with him and met up with him last night.

Ivan is a really nice guy and has offered to let me stay here while I look for work, and if I want, to stay here permanently, and start splitting the rent when I get a job. His condo is on the 23rd floor and has an awesome view. It's not the most spacious, but it has wood floors in the hallway/dining room, and I like it. I'm set up in the 2nd bedroom with an air matress right now. There's a desk for my computer and books, as well as closet space.

Here's a picture of my room:
And here's the view out of my window:

Here's the dining room:

And the patio:
I also took a few pictures of the kitchen/bathroom but it's taking me forever to upload the pictures onto this blog so I'll do it later.

Oh, also, tengo otras buenas noticias! The airline found my bag and will be delivering it this afternoon!!

Also, Ivan and his father are headed to the beach for the weekend and he's invited me soooo... voy a la playa esta fin de semana (i'm going to the beach this weekend) !!!! woooo!!!!!

I'll make sure to take some pictures and share them contigo.

Then Monday begins the job hunt in earnest.
I'll be in touch.
Hope you are well!!

chau familia....

3 comments:

  1. This is great news! Glad you've got a decent place to stay and an even decent-er (haha) trip planned for the weekend! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blog bro! Keep it up! I'm jealous of that awesome view you've got out your window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooks and I send Valentine greetings to you: you all toasty on the beach while we walk through the winter wonderland of downtown Denver -- with 2-4" of just-fallen snow.

    ReplyDelete