Update 03/2014

I have now lived in Santiago, Chile for 4 years and love it.
If you would like to get in touch with me, I would be happy to share what I have learned and what's new.

Twitter: @zacharykreid
Facebook: Quick Me Ups
Google+: +zacharykreid



Monday, February 8, 2010

One Day Till Departure

Wow.... one day till I hop on a plane to South America and I have about 34o53498530 things to do!! Probably shouldn't be spending my time setting up this blog but I wanted to start this dialogue before I'm off. This is my 2nd go at a blog (did one for my piano self-teaching adventure) and I'm determined to make this one better than the last (read: pictures, more updates)....

I arrive in Santiago, Chile on Wednesday, February 10th, at around midnight. I'll head to a pre-determined hostel (pre-determining to occur today) and sleep off the plane travels. Then up Thursday morning to get a feel for the city and adjust to my new life.

The goal is to hit the pavement for the first couple weeks down there and interview outta my mind to get work. I really want a position Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). I just finished my certificate last week for TEFL and I think it would be an awesome job. I'd love a full-time contract with a school/academy/company, but am also prepared to work to obtain multiple part-time/tutoring gigs. I'm ready for anything at this point... I just need to stay focused, work hard, stay positive, and I believe it will pay off.

Just under 36 hours now till the airplane departs out of Phoenix Sky Harbor. Feeling nervous, a little anxious, a little stressed, but a lot of excitement. Overall I'm happy with my decision.... it was a hard one, and although I'm leaving loved ones behind, I need to continue to push myself to grow... to be the person I know I can be. I'll be back soon with a whole different outlook on the world, and with plenty of stories to share.

34 hours and counting....

No comments:

Post a Comment